Thursday, December 8, 2016

Worth The Wait Review



Title:  Worth The Wait
Series:  McKinney/Walker #1
Author:  Claudia Connor
Release Date:  Jan. 10, 2017
Order Link:  Amazon

My Rating:  5 Passionate Second-Chance 's


*Many thanks to the author and publisher for a copy of this book.


Synopsis:
He doesn't know how he's lived without her, but he knows he doesn't want to anymore. 

Nick Walker found his one and only when he was just nineteen.

Found her.
Loved her.
Lost her.


Now this FBI Special Agent will do anything to win her back.

Nick Walker thought nothing could destroy what he had with Mia. He certainly never thought he would be the one to destroy it. But when his sister was taken, even getting her back couldn't save him. She was his responsibility. He was supposed to protect her. And he'd failed. 

Now ten years later, Mia James is in Special Agent Nick Walker’s path once again and this time he’s determined to shed the weight of guilt and finally claim the future that was always meant to be theirs.

But it won’t be easy. Mia’s heart was shattered by Nick and now, just when she’d pieced it back together, it’s been broken again, bringing their past to the surface, including her own secret about that day everything went wrong.

Review:
I love a second chance love story when it hits on all cylinders . . . when the couple involved is believable, the emotions real, the pain agonizing, the passion intense - when the author makes me care so much that I feel every hurt, every regret, every lost opportunity just as deeply as the couple involved.  Worth The Wait is one of those rare gems of a second chance love story that hits on all cylinders.  I was immediately drawn in and felt every high and every low with these characters all the way through the last page.  I laughed, cried, and mourned with them.  I felt the heat of their passion and the devastation of their loss.  I'm not going to rehash the story for you - you need to curl up on the couch and take this emotional journey yourself - as I did, reading it in one sitting.

Worth The Wait flashes flawlessly between past and present, allowing readers to experience Nick Walker and Mia James falling in love and then later . . . falling apart.  It speaks of passionate once-in-a-lifetime love, sacrifice, responsibility, and fate.  It also speaks of loss, heart-shattering pain, guilt, and regret . . . and ultimately, of forgiveness of not only others, but of ones self.  It speaks of opportunities lost and second chances.  As an added bonus, the strong support cast includes favorites from the McKinney Brothers trilogy - Matt, Abby, Stephen, and Hannah as well as others.  While you can read Worth The Wait as a very satisfying standalone, the McKinney Brothers is an awesome series that is well worth your time.

Worth The Wait is an intensely emotional story that took me by surprise as I alternately smiled and wiped tears throughout the story.  Nick and Mia touched my heart as I pulled for them every step of the way.  Beautifully written, this book will resonate within me for a long time.  The good news is . . . there are three more Walker brothers with stories that need to be told!  And I can't wait!  Worth The Wait is a Page Burning Must Read!

My Rating:  5 Passionate, Second-Chance 's . . . And that's the truth!



Cross My Heart . . . xxx

Sandra





No comments: